Tales of the Bizarre, part 1

I'll start with this since it's probably the easiest thing to write about. In my day job, I interact with a lot of different people and hear a lot of things. It starts here.

I'm talking with one of my plant engineers at a place where I do a little business. We were walking outside when we passed a beautiful convertible BMW, 6 series or something. I said "hey, check out my new company ride!" He replied, "don't think so, let me tell you a story about that car." Right then, I should have grabbed a blanket and settled in, because you cannot make this stuff up.

He proceeded to tell me a story about this doctor who owned it. Poor guy, several months ago, someone ran a red light, totaled his car (I'm sure it was nice) and broke his neck. The doc has since recovered from the crash and went out and bought this Beemer to replace his other car. This doctor is also pretty much chained to this hospital, he puts in a lot of hours. One day, he parks this car outside by one of the back doors to the hospital and runs in for, I don't know what. In the mean time a representative from a local funeral home drives up in their Hearse to pick up someone who has just passed away and bring them to the funeral home.

Evidently, this doc had parked too close to the sidewalk ramp for this mortician. Instead of finding another way to easily pick up his person, or calling the hospital operator to find the owner of the offending car, he proceeds to back into it, bumper to bumper, and push it out of the way so he could get his hearse where he wanted it. Notice I said wanted and not needed? Here's why. It turns out that all this guy had to do was drive past the innocent little BMW, and back up his car, right next to the OTHER SIDE of the sidewalk ramp and everything would have been hunky dorey.

This wasn't the case, however. Someone saw this incident, probably heard it too and detained him. Security was called, as was the CFO of the hospital. This funeral home person proceeds to go ballistic, cursing out the docs, the CFO, security in fine fashion. He even got in his car to cool down for a bit. All it did was give him a second wind and he got out and started over. Oh yes, did I mention that the daughter of the person whom he was picking up was standing there the entire time soaking it all in? I'm sure that's just what she needed to hear at that time.

Crazy, what do people think? Why does this guy think he can bash a car, then get hacked off when he gets busted. I've always been of the opinion that a nice car doesn't give you the right to take up three parking spots in a lot, and the doc probably was parked illegally, but, if you get beat to the nice, illegal spot by someone else, don't take it out on their car. Find another spot on your own. Really.

In the meantime, another engineer met us and put his thoughts in about the situation. We talked about what we would have done, opening the proverbial can of Whoop --- Since it ends up that this guy actually OWNED the funeral home, I most likely would have just tossed him the keys and said "Enjoy your new Beemer!", then seen what it was like to own a funeral home. Oh well, like I said, Bizarre. You cannot make this stuff up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Twitter, Facebook and, oh yes, Exercise have helped my back pain

Encouragement in three little words